Lecture: Introduction to Feedback and Control (Caltech, Fall 2008)
|Author||Richard M. Murray|
|Academic Term||Fall 2008|
The goal of this lecture is to introduce some of the basic ideas in feedback systems and provide examples that will allow students to identify and recognize control systems in their everyday world. Two major principles of control--robustness through feedback and design of dynamics--are emphasized throughout the lecture.
- Slides: Media:L1-1 introduction fa08.pdf
- Video: Team Caltech's Bob at the 2004 DARPA Grand Challenge
- Video: Escape Behavior of Fly in Response to Looming Visual Stimulus
- Video: Papplewick Pumping Station 25-10-08 4 (steam engine with Watt governor)
- R. M. Murray (ed), Control in an Information Rich World, SIAM, 2003.
Frequently Asked Questions
<ncl>Lecture: Introduction FAQ</ncl>